Phonak Introduces New Custom Hearing Aids
14th October 2015
Exciting New Phonak Custom Hearing Aids Launched
Phonak Announces New Custom Hearing Aids at EUHA 2015
Phonak announced the launch of its new custom Virto V, which is based on their powerful Venture platform. They presented the new custom hearing aids at the EUHA congress (audiology conference) in Nuremberg, Germany. The new custom Virto V is the latest addition to the their portfolio based on the Venture platform and completes the Venture line up.
So what's new?:
- 15% and 33% better speech understanding in noise compared to leading competitor products
- Full Venture performance with a 25% smaller surface thanks to new technologies like Floating Antenna
- Innovative design and placement featuring a faceplate with nano-coated battery doors, volume control and a push button, resulting in 20% better usability,
- Up to 30% less battery consumption compared to previous hearing aid generation.
- Tinnitus Balance noise generator: Phonak Virto V is the first Phonak custom product to offer this feature
Other Phonak Virto Venture features include:·
- Binaural VoiceStream TechnologyTM: streams the full audio bandwidth between the two hearing aids in real time
- Wireless Functionality: allows for an extra boost in challenging listening situations and connects Virto V with the comprehensive Phonak Wireless Communication Portfolio all the way down to a CIC form factor
- Acoustically Optimized Venting: uses sophisticated algorithms to define the acoustic mass, model and vent for providing maximum hearing comfort and performance
Group Vice President Martin Grieder made a bold claim,
There is no other hearing aid this small, capable of this much performance
he went on to say “We are very sensitive to the needs of those seeking a discreet yet powerful hearing solution. The new Phonak Virto V offers an even clearer and more natural sound quality than the previous generation of custom hearing aids. There is no other hearing aid this small that is capable of this much performance.”
Great sound in a small package
Bill Shull, a Virto V wearer and a participant in the product validation study said “Phonak Virto V is a very big improvement in technology and in aesthetics. It’s also very comfortable. I don’t miss having to think about my hearing environment. My Virto V’s very effectively pick up where I am and what I need - and work seamlessly.”
So it appears from real time use that the new hearing aids are a winner. Although the fact that they are based on the new Venture platform which we have been using for a while now says it all. We have had extraordinary results with the venture platform her in Worcester Hearing Centre. As our testimonial and report from Ray Hewitt attests, Ray said
Venture aids. Excellent! I would recommend to anyone with my type of hearing problem.
A new smart custom solution for single-sided deafness
Phonak also introduced their new CROS II Custom, the only custom solution for single-sided deafness. It wirelessly transmits sound from the bad or dead ear to a wireless custom Venture hearing aid worn on the better ear.
This allows people with single-sided deafness to hear speech from the side they could not hear from before. This new CROS II custom is also based on the Venture platform. They have also introduced steps to reduce battery drain in the CROS II. The system now consumes up to 30% less battery than the previous CROS generation and delivers 40% better speech understanding in noise. Phonak CROS II Custom is compatible with all wireless Phonak Virto V hearing aids with Binaural VoiceStream Technology™.
The new Phonak Virto V and Phonak CROS II Custom will be available at Worcester Hearing Centre with immediate effect.